General Instructions :
- The last date of online application is 24.03.2017 (Midnight).
- No hand-written application will be entertained.
- Registration Slip with more than one WBSEDCL’s CHALLAN Copy will be rejected.
- The candidature of such candidate whose registration slip along with documents is received
after 31.03.2017 shall not be considered. WBSEDCL will not be responsible for any kind of
postal delay and loss in transit.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear for the Personal Interview only with the Call
Letter and not with the Registration Slip.
- Candidates should retain Applicant’s copy of CHALLAN and a photocopy of their
Registration Slip for future reference.
- WBSEDCL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment
process, if requires, without issuing any further notice, reference or assigning any reason
- Candidate employed in Govt. Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce
NOC at the time of interview. Otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at that stage.
- In case of any ambiguity / dispute on account of interpretation in versions other than
English, the English version will prevail.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be in Kolkata.
While applying for the above posts, the applicant must ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility including
academic and professional qualifications as per advertisement and other norms mentioned above. In case, it
is detected at any stage of recruitment / selection (i.e. during interview/ verification of documents etc.) that
a candidate does not fulfill the prescribed eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect /
false / wrong information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will automatically
stand cancelled ab-initio. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after appointment,
his/her services are liable to be terminated without any notice. No application/prayer for relaxation of
eligibility norms will be entertained by the company.
- The candidates are requested to go through the layout of qualifications and other
particulars carefully before registrations and sending examination fees and other
- It will be the candidate’s prerogative to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility
criteria before applying.
- Candidates must remain in constant touch with company‟s website
www.wbsedcl.in at Career @ WBSEDCL for information regarding dates of
Personal Interview etc.
- Category [SC / ST / OBC (A) / OBC (B) / Physically Challenged etc] submitted during online registration by the
candidate cannot be changed subsequently and no benefits of reservation applicable to any other category
reservation will be subsequently made admissible to them at any stage of the selection process (Subject to
verification of documents and final decision of WBSEDCL). Category as mentioned at the time of submission
shall remain unaltered during the recruitment process. Before filling up category, candidates must ensure that
he/she actually belongs to SC/ST/OBC (A)/OBC (B)/PH category etc.
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through E-mail / SMS only. All information regarding
downloading of interview call letters etc. shall be uploaded in Company’s website and will be provided to the
concerned candidate through E-mail / SMS. The candidates will be responsible for receiving, downloading and
printing interview call letter / any other information. WBSEDCL will not be responsible for any loss of E-mail / SMS
sent, due to invalid / wrong E-mail ID / Mobile No. provided by the candidate or for delay / non receipt of
information if a candidate fails to access his / her mail/mobile in time.
- No request for change of Personal Interview date shall be entertained.
- If the SC / ST / OBC (A) / OBC (B) / Physically Challenged certificate has been issued in a language other than
English / Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the certificate either
in English or Hindi.
- Only original Registration Slip (no photocopy) shall be accepted. In case of any overwriting or tampering of
Registration Slip, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected automatically
- Application Form not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be
summarily rejected. Willful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates must fulfill the essential qualification as per layout as shown herein. Candidates who are going to
appear in final qualifying degree examination in 2017 may also apply. If such candidates are short-listed for
interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of qualifying degree (BE/ B.Tech etc) examination by
31st August 2017.
- WBSEDCL shall take no responsibility in case of failure in registration, failure to download Call Letter for
appearing in the Personal Interview under the said notification.
- This is to be noted that mere submission of application or receipt of Call Letter or appearance in Personal
Interview does not guarantee selection / appointment in the respective post. Selection of candidates will be
made strictly based on merit position, available vacancy, verification of original documents / certificates,
clear police verification report and medical test.
- Mobile No. & E-mail ID once given cannot be changed by the candidate under any circumstances. All
correspondence / communication / information to the candidates will be made through their Mobile No. / Email ID registered during online application. Candidates are advised to regularly check Email/ SMS. Candidates
are further advised to regularly visit WBSEDCL’s website (www.wbsedcl.in) to get updated information.
- Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances. No other mode like Postal Order/Pay
Order/Demand Draft etc. for submission of application fees will be accepted.
- In case of multiple registrations by a candidate the last registration will only be considered for subsequent
- In case of tie in score (combined) for any post, for determining merit position under this Notification, the
following methods will be adopted by WBSEDCL:-
a) In case of two or more candidates scoring equal marks (combined): The candidate senior in age will be given preference.
b) If the aggregate/combined marks (i.e GATE-2017 Score+ Viva-Voce/Personal Interview Score) and also the date
of birth be same: The candidate scoring higher in GATE-2017 examination will be given preference.
c) If the aggregate, date of birth and combined score as detailed above are same: The candidate having higher score
in Viva-Voce/Personal Interview will be given preference.
Intimation for Personal Interview will be sent in due course.